Lutyens 8 ft. 6 in. bench
Our Lutyens bench is constructed of solid teak with mortise and tenon joinery. The contrast of the elegantly scrolled arms and latticed back and the strong lines of the long, flat seat and wide bottom rails makes the Lutyens bench an enduring classic. This magnificent 8 ft. 6 in. bench was originally executed in oak prior to 1913 by the Edwardian architect Sir Edwin Lutyens (the Dutch name is pronounced Lut-chins). The 8 ft. 6 in. Lutyens bench is featured prominently at Sissinghurst, the garden of Vita Sackville-West and Harold Nicholson in Kent, England.
Country Casual Teak furniture is crafted from Grade A teak (Tectona grandis), a durable hardwood that performs beautifully in any climate. Known for its superior performance in marine environments, teak wood is the ideal choice for outdoor furnishings. Teak's high oil and rubber content give it weatherproof qualities forming natural barriers against the elements without sealers or treatment. Solid teak construction, mortise and tenon joinery and stainless steel fitting and hardware ensure Country Casual Teak furnishings will last a lifetime.
See more: Ecological Statement »
Natural teak varies widely in color from blond to rich patterns of amber and brown. Outdoors and untreated, teak will weather to silvery gray. Teak requires no preservatives. Country Casual Teak offers a variety of care and treatment products for other aesthetic options.
See more: Teak Care Guide »
Country Casual Teak furniture is generally shipped flat-packed. For this bench we offer the standard (FedEx or Motor Freight) option for delivery except in the MD/DC/VA area. Assembly is required outside of the MD/DC/VA area. For more information about shipping rates, delivery times and delivery methods, please see our SHIPPING AND DELIVERY page.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. We stand behind all of our products, and want your furniture to look great and last for generations. See our complete RETURNS AND WARRANTY page for more information.
Teak Lutyens Bench
An Elegant and Enduring Classic
- Pronounced "Lut-chins," this solid teak bench was modeled after an 8 ft. 6 in. oak bench designed by Edwardian architect Sir Edwin Lutyens that is featured prominently at Sissinghurst in Kent, England.
- We preserved the quintessential strong lines of the original in the flat seat and wide bottom rails combined with the elegantly scrolled arms and latticed back to maintain the enduring classic design.
- The elegantly scalloped and latticed back of the Lutyens bench lends an air of stylish formality to any setting.
Our Lutyens Benches are Constructed to Last
- Constructed of the highest quality teak wood from countries with an official commitment to managing their timber resources sustainably.
- Traditional mortise and tenon joinery, held together with wooden dowels and stainless steel hardware, ensures a lifetime of use.
- The high oil content of teak makes it virtually immune to rot, allowing for superior performance in marine environments.
- Teak Lutyens bench can be left outside in all seasons and will naturally weather to a soft, silvery gray. It requires little to no maintenance to keep this look.
- Engraving not available on this length.
- Lutyens 8 ft. 6 in. bench ships assembled.
More products to love