Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer discounts to the trade?
- Does Country Casual Teak offer discounts or sales?
- How do I purchase or redeem a gift certificate?
- How do I order offline?
- Will my furniture arrive assembled?
- Will my order come via FedEx or UPS?
- Can I get my order more quickly?
- From where is my furniture being shipped?
- What’s the first thing I should do when I receive my furniture?
- Can I order custom cushions?
- Can I order a different color canopy for an umbrella?
- Can I order custom furniture?
- What is TEAK?
- Can I use teak furniture indoors?
- How do I care for my teak?
- Do I need to apply the teak care products myself or does Country Casual Teak provide this service?
- What if I want to paint or stain my teak furniture?
- If I use a teak sealer once, can I wash it off later?
- Can I pressure wash my teak?
- Can I use oil to care for my teak furniture?
- How long can I expect my teak furniture to last?
- How can I remove my name from your mailing list?
- What type of warranty do I receive with my purchase?
- What is a Trade Account or Membership?
- What are the differences between piped cushions and quick dry cushions?
- What is a Catalog Keycode?
- How do I receive more information about Country Casual Teak and its products?
- I am new to Country Casual Teak, how do I create an account?
- If my question is not on this list, where can I get more help?
1. Do you offer discounts to the trade?
We do offer trade discounts to commercial, institutional and designer clients. Members of our trade program receive trade pricing, and additional discounts may apply based on order value. To discover the benefits of membership and apply for a trade account, visit Design Professionals & Contract Sales or request a catalog. Include your business name and website URL. You also may fax a catalog request on your company letterhead to 301-926-9198. Contact us for more information.
2. Does Country Casual Teak offer discounts or sales?
We do not do any sales or promotions. Our teak is Grade A, and will last for years, so we feel our items are fairly priced for the quality. We periodically offer discontinued items at a discounted price. You can find those items on our discontinued items page.
3. How do I purchase or redeem a gift certificate?
You may purchase a gift certificate for any occasion and in any amount by telephone. Gift certificates are shipped via first class mail (unless you request another shipping method) and will arrive in an elegant package with our current catalog. Gift certificates do not expire.
At this time, gift certificates may be redeemed only by telephone or in person at our showroom.
4. How do I order offline?
You may order by phone or email (email@example.com), or in person by visiting our showroom in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Furniture can be delivered flat-packed or assembled. You can select your preference during the checkout process. Please note that not all of our pieces are eligible for assembly. If you choose to assemble, all the needed hardware is included. Our furniture is easy to assemble and most pieces can be done in less than one hour. Assembled delivery is available for an additional fee and will add time to your order fulfillment. See Shipping & Delivery information.
6. How will my order be delivered ?
Your order will arrive by FedEx.
For assembled orders you will often receive a call from them to set up a delivery time. Deliveries require a signature. See more Shipping & Delivery information.
8. From where is my furniture being shipped?
The Country Casual Teak distribution facility and showroom are located in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
9. What’s the first thing I should do when I receive my furniture?
The first thing you should do is review the packing slip, inspect the boxes, and note any damage prior to signing the delivery slip. You should notify Country Casual Teak immediately if your boxes arrive damaged. Boxes should be opened and inspected within 7 days of delivery. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact us.
Before you begin assembly, read all instructions and verify you have all pieces and necessary hardware. Once assembled, wipe the furniture off with a damp cloth to remove the fine teak particles that may adhere to clothing. All Country Casual Teak furniture is hand sanded and wiped clean, but some of the particles may remain.
10. Can I order custom cushions?
All Country Casual Teak cushions are sized for an exact fit on Country Casual Teak furniture. If you would like to make a cushion of a different shape or design, we're more than happy to provide a quote for your project. Please note that we may require a physical sample of the cushion and/or the furniture for reference.
However, you can special order any of our cushions in another fabric. You may provide your own material (COM) or specify a fabric pattern. Special order and COM fabric orders are subject to approval by Country Casual Teak. Additional charges and lead times apply. Custom orders must be paid in full when the order is placed, and custom orders cannot be cancelled or returned. Learn more about our Special Order and COM services. Also see our extensive selection of Country Casual Teak Stock Fabrics.
11. Can I order a different color canopy for an umbrella?
Yes, you may special order an umbrella canopy from an outdoor acrylic fabric palette or supply your own material (COM). Special order and COM fabric orders are subject to approval by Country Casual Teak. Additional charges and lead times apply. Custom orders must be paid in full when the order is placed, and custom orders cannot be cancelled or returned. Learn more about our Special Order and COM services. Also see our extensive selection of Country Casual Teak Stock Fabrics.
13. What is TEAK?
Teak (Tectona grandis), is a durable hardwood that performs beautifully in any climate. Teak's high oil and rubber content make it virtually immune to rot. Exceptionally strong and durable, remaining smooth to the touch, teak furnishings last for decades through bright sun, rain, snow, and a wide range of seasonal temperatures without paint or preservatives. Please note that our furniture arrives unfinished. See the Benefits of Teak Wood. Order a teak swatch.
Country Casual Teak only uses ecologically harvested timber from countries with an official commitment to sustainable management of their national timber resources. For every tree felled, more than one is planted to replace it.
15. How do I care for my teak?
Teak requires no preservatives or finishes to perform beautifully season after season. Teak naturally weathers to silvery gray when left outdoors and untreated. Gradually, the warm golden color on new teak will lighten and then turn a light gray. Over several years, the gray will intensify to a silvery patina. To transform the look of teak or enhance its performance for your particular needs, see our Teak Care Guide and line of care products.
16. Do I need to apply the teak care products myself or does Country Casual Teak provide this service? Furniture finishing services are available. If the service is available for the items you select, the option will appear on the ordering page. Select the finish you want and we'll do the work before your furniture ships. Finishes applied are not permanent; retreatment is required. Allow an additional 4 - 5 weeks. Items are finished per order and cannot be returned without prior authorization.
17. What if I want to paint or stain my teak furniture?
We discourage painting teak. Because of its high oil content, paint does not adhere well to the teak surface and may cause peeling and scar the wood.
If you decide to paint or use another finish, you can request teak samples from us so that you can test before applying it to your furniture.
18. If I use a teak sealer once, can I wash it off later?
Yes, you can remove the teak sealer using our one-step Teak Cleaner, or our extra strength Two-Part Cleaner or simply let it wear off. Please note that Country Casual Teak Golden Sealer will wear off unevenly over time. Cleaned teak will have a light blond color until it grays naturally.
19. Can I pressure wash my teak?
We discourage pressure or power washing teak. High-pressure washing may strip away some of the wood’s natural protective oils and can cause it to shred, develop surface pits, and ultimately age prematurely. See more information about caring for teak.
20. Can I use teak oil to care for my teak furniture?
We do not recommend oiling teak. When used outdoors, oiled teak may show accelerated microscopic growth in the grain of the wood, which may blacken the wood. See more information about caring for teak.
21. How long can I expect my teak furniture to last?
Teak is exceptionally strong and durable and will wear beautifully for decades through sun, rain, snow and temperature swings without preservatives. Many teak English park benches are still in regular use after 70 years.
22. How can I remove my name from your mailing list?
To remove your name from our catalog mailing list, please complete the catalog mailing preferences form.
23. What type of warranty do I receive with my purchase?
Your satisfaction with our products is of utmost importance to us. We guarantee to the original purchaser that our furniture and all its parts and components are free of material and workmanship defects for three years from the date of purchase; brass plaques, fabric, and furniture covers, one year. This limited warranty does not apply to damage resulting from improper assembly, alteration, abuse, accident, misuse, tampering, normal wear, or weather related damage. If there is a problem with your order, please contact us immediately so that we can promptly resolve the problem for you.
24. What is a Trade Account or Membership?
Country Casual Teak’s trade program has served commercial, institutional, and designer clients for over 40 years. Members receive our trade catalog, get one-on-one project support, can log into our website to see trade pricing, and access other specialized customer services. To discover the benefits of membership and apply for a trade account, visit Design Professionals & Contract Sales or request a catalog.
25. What are the differences between piped cushions and quick dry cushions?
Piped cushions bring a stylish, tailored, designer look to outdoor cushions used on dining seats, lounge seating, chaises or pillows. Some items are also available with a single seam construction (where seams are joined with simple stitching and no piping.) Additional color combinations of contrast piping are available by clicking one of the "Made to Order" swatches.
Country Casual Teak’s premium quick dry cushion construction option provides the same comfort and support found in our standard cushions but features porous, reticulated foam, which allows water to pass through more quickly. The foam core of the cushion is sandwiched between two layers of lofty polyester wrap which provides extra comfort and evens out edges without retaining water. Quick dry cushions also feature a white flow-through mesh fabric panel on the underside of the cushion designed to enhance drainage and encourage air drying. They are sturdy, comfortable, and water-resistant with an amazingly fast dry time.
Optional quick dry construction is available on all Country Casual Teak cushions and in all fabrics. Upcharge applies.
27. What is a Catalog Keycode?
If you have received a Country Casual Teak catalog in the past, the Catalog Keycode is located on the back of your catalog in a blue box. County Casual Teak uses this code as a means to stay connected to customers and to learn how they have heard about us.
28. How do I receive more information about Country Casual Teak and its products?
Call us at 800-289-8325 to speak to one of our Furniture Specialists or visit our Contact Us page. You can also request a catalog or sign up for our weekly emails featured at the bottom of our website.
29. I am new to Country Casual Teak, how do I create an account?
If you are new to Country Casual Teak, you will be able to register for an account by clicking at the top of any Country Casual Teak page on the “Sign-In” button. From there, you will be taken to the Account Sign-In where you will select the “Create an Account Now” under “New to Country Casual Teak?”
30. If my question is not on this list, where can I get more help?
For more information, contact us or call us at 800-289-8325 to speak to one of our Furniture Specialists.