Lutyens 4 ft. 8 in. bench
Constructed of solid teak, the 4 ft. 8 in. Lutyens garden bench displays the beautiful contrast of the elegantly scrolled arms and latticed back and the strong lines of the long, flat seat and wide bottom rails which made the Lutyens an enduring classic. The entire perfectly proportioned range preserves the classic lines of the original Lutyens. The Lutyens garden bench lends an air of stylish formality to any setting. Crafted of ecologically harvested teak.
|Cover #||126, 312|
Country Casual Teak furniture is crafted from Grade A teak (Tectona grandis), a durable hardwood that performs beautifully in any climate. Known for its superior performance in marine environments, teak wood is the ideal choice for outdoor furnishings. Teak's high oil and rubber content give it weatherproof qualities forming natural barriers against the elements without sealers or treatment. Solid teak construction, mortise and tenon joinery and stainless steel fitting and hardware ensure Country Casual Teak furnishings will last a lifetime.
See more: Ecological Statement »
Natural teak varies widely in color from blond to rich patterns of amber and brown. Outdoors and untreated, teak will weather to silvery gray. Teak requires no preservatives. Country Casual Teak offers a variety of care and treatment products for other aesthetic options.
See more: Teak Care Guide »
Country Casual Teak furniture is generally shipped flat-packed. We offer standard (UPS, FedEx or Motor Freight) and assembled options for delivery. For more information about shipping rates, delivery times and delivery methods, please see our SHIPPING AND DELIVERY page.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. We stand behind all of our products, and want your furniture to look great and last for generations. See our complete RETURNS AND WARRANTY page for more information.
Lutyens Garden Bench
An Elegant and Enduring Classic
- Pronounced "Lut-chins," this solid teak garden bench is modeled after an 8 ft. 6 in. oak bench designed by Edwardian architect Sir Edwin Lutyens that is featured prominently at Sissinghurst in Kent, England.
- The contrast of strong lines in the flat seat and wide bottom rails, combined with the elegantly scrolled arms and latticed back, made the original an enduring classic.
- This smaller version preserves the classic lines of the original in a size that will fit a residential backyard or small garden setting.
- The elegantly scalloped and latticed back of the Lutyens garden bench lends an air of stylish formality to any setting.
Our Lutyens Garden Bench is Constructed to Last
- Constructed of the highest quality teak wood from countries with an official commitment to managing their timber resources sustainably.
- Traditional mortise and tenon joinery, held together with wooden dowels and stainless steel hardware, ensures a lifetime of use.
- The high oil content of teak makes it virtually immune to rot, allowing for superior performance in any climate.
- Teak Lutyens garden bench can be left outside in all seasons and will naturally weather to a soft, silvery gray. It requires little to no maintenance to keep this look.
More products to love